Social Icons

Saturday, April 7, 2012

#CFV - Angel Feather's Circular Saw, Kiriel

I got the news that an Angel Feather card got revealed yesterday so I quickly jumped on my computer to see what the card looked like and boy, was I pleased to finally see this card in hi-res on the wikia:


Circular Saw, Kiriel
Auto 【V】 [Limit Break (4)] {Activate when you have four or more damage}: When this card attacks a vanguard, this card gets Power +5000 until end of that battle.
Auto: [Counter Blast (1)] When this unit is placed on Vanguard Circle, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one face up 《Angel Feather》 from your damage zone, and call it to Rear Guard Circle, put one card from the top of your deck into your damage zone, flipped.

One word to describe my feelings about this card is: ''sexy!''. Not because of how good the card is, but more so because of how great the card look. Although, I talked a lot about  Golden Paladins in my previous posts, Angel Feathers was the clan that I was truly looking forward to play in the next set because not only they are a female oriented cleric/medic/supporter clan (which I'm a fan of), but they also seemed to to have great art!

As for the card itself, I can't really comment on how good it will be considering the rest of the clan is not even revealed yet but as an early impression, I'd say this card is okay at best. Like I said in the Gold Paladin impression (Part 3) blog entry, I am not too much of a fan of Limit Break (4) for power boost effects because I think the cost/gain ratio is pretty poor. Yes, you'll be able to hit hard enough for your opponent to never block the Vanguard, but you'll also be in a near death situation when playing against decks that runs a lot of critical triggers. But at the end of the day, who knows how useful it will be for Angel Feathers? Considering they're a defensive clan that plays around with the damage zone, this Limit Break might be way more useful than compared to other.

Kiriel's second effect is also something that I can't comment on because it really depends on how the other units in her clan will function. If Angel Feathers have units that has effects that are triggered when they are called from the damage zone, I could see Kiriel's effect having potential. Only downside, though, is that you can only activate her effect when she is called. If we could activate her effect whenever, we could wait until you get the unit you want in the damage zone and call it when needed with Kiriel's effect which would give her a little bit more utility, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Anyways, I'm pretty hyped about this new card right now and I really can't wait to see the rest of the clan and how they will play. Hopefully, Bushiroad will release enough Angel Feathers for them to be playable and viable in the English meta. *crosses fingers*

3 comments: